Applying for the COVID-19 Job Retention Scheme Grant
In order apply for the Job Retention Scheme grant for furlough payment, you will first need to set up a PAYE online account. Please follow the below instructions to set this up.
1. Go to https://www.gov.uk/paye-online/enrol. Under the header 'Enrol for PAYE Online' there is a sub heading 'You don't have an account', you need to click on the link under this which says 'Enrol as a new business account holder'.
2. Enter your email address and click 'continue'.
3. You will now receive an email with a code to your nominated email address. You need to copy and paste that code into the box on the page and click 'confirm'.
4. Just click 'continue' on this page.
5. Enter your full name in the box and click 'continue'.
6. You must now create a password that fits the criteria listed and click 'continue'.
7. Just click 'continue' on this page.
8. Choose a recovery word that fits the criteria listed and click 'continue'.
9. Now make a note of your Government Gateway user ID and click 'continue'.
10. You now need to click on the link that says 'add a tax, duty or scheme'.
11. You now need to select the middle option, as highlighted in the image below, and click 'continue'.
12. Now click on 'PAYE for employers' as per the below image and click 'continue'.
13. Select 'yes' to this question and click 'continue'.
14. On this page you are going to have to enter some information that you will need to lookup. Don't panic, you have this information already.
You need to open the P60 that we have emailed to you over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend. The attachment is password protected, but the password hint is in the email.
You will find the PAYE Reference on this attachment, enter the first three numbers (before the /) into the first box and the remaining letters/numbers (after the /) into the second box below.
You now need to open the most recent tax bill that we sent to you (this was sent at the beginning of April for most clients). The attachment is password protected, but the password hint is in the email.
You will see a reference in the top right hand corner of this tax bill, please now enter the full reference, exactly as it is, into the third and final box.
Now click 'Request access'.
15. Just click 'continue' on this page.
16. You will now be back on the Business tax summary landing page. Once you receive the Access Code from HMRC in the post you will be able to enter this here to get access to your PAYE online account and request the Job Retention Scheme grant (more guidance will follow for this once the system goes live).