Applying for the COVID-19 Job Retention Scheme Grant - STEP 2
In order apply for the Job Retention Scheme grant for furlough payment, you will first need to set up a PAYE online account. Please follow the instructions in the STEP 1 part of this guide to do this.
Once you have received the activation code from HMRC in the post, follow the guide below.
1. Go to www.hmrc.gov.uk.
2. Click on the link that says 'PAYE for employers'.
3. On the next page click on 'PAYE Online for employers'.
4. Click on the button which says 'Sign In'.
5. Click on the link at the bottom which says 'Continue to your account'.
6. Sign in using the government gateway user id and password that you recieved when following our STEP 1 guide.
7. In the box marked 'PAYE for employers', click on the link that says 'activate your PAYE for employers'.
8. Enter your activation code from your HMRC letter into the box and click 'Get access'.
9. You are now all setup for the Online PAYE for Employers.
10. Next you will need to submit your claim for the Job Retention Scheme Furlough grant. Please see STEP 3 for instructions on how to do this.